AIDA 3 Advanced Freediver Course
The upcoming AIDA 3 includes the following dates
Online theory sessions:
- May 25 (Thursday) 6:30PM-8:30PM
- May 30 (Tuesday) 6:30PM-8:30PM
- May 31 (Wednesday) 6:30PM-8:30PM
In-person dry training session: June 3 (Saturday, time and location TBA)
- June 17 (Saturday) 11:45AM-2:30PM
- June 24 (Saturday) 11:45AM-2:30PM
Open water session Day 1 either:
- June 10 (Saturday) 9:00AM at Ansell, OR
- June 11 (Sunday) 11:00AM at Ansell
Open water session Day 2 either:
- June 18 (Sunday) 10:30AM at Ansell, OR
- June 23 (Friday) 12:00PM at Ansell
The AIDA 3 is intended for freedivers who have completed the AIDA 2 (or equivalent with another training organization) or have participated in AIDA ranked competitions.
The AIDA 3 builds on the AIDA 2 and assists freedivers in developing new skills and a higher knowledge of safety procedures and techniques including free fall, Frenzel, training tables etc. It is a required course for any freediver that would like to complete the AIDA 4 and then begin training to become an AIDA Freediving Instructor.
Prerequisites are either the AIDA 2 course or an equivalent course from another freediving organization OR participation in 5 AIDA ranked competitions within the last 6 years with specific AIDA ranked results and completing the AIDA 2 exam with a passing grade.